• Investor
  • Northern, VA
Votes |
Start of my TK Journey - Studying Various Areas

Chinmay J.
  • Investor
  • Northern, VA
Posted Dec 23 2017, 10:53

So recently I have taken interest in expanding OOS. I live in Loudoun County, VA and OOS deals, if done properly can provide lucrative returns. Also TK model allows me to invest even by keeping my full time employment.

So far I am nothing but somewhat disappointed in finding someone reputable company to connect with that can make the numbers work.  Found real good company in Cleveland, OH in Smartland, and thanks to @Tom Ott for reaching out to me and following through like he said he would, but the property taxes in Cuyahoga county seem astronomical, with no added value for me, as an investor.   I am a little hesitant to pull trigger on Cleveland properties due to that.  The property worth $90,000 is being taxed around $2,400, a whooping 2.66% real estate tax.  Places like Columbus,OH. Indianapolis, IN, Jacksonville,FL  all seem to have around 1 to 1.5% tax. 

So my recent experience with "reputable" providers is that they seem too busy to take new clients. Had a brief conversation with a very well renowned TK Provider in Indy, and was informed by one of their associates over IM (chat) that they are currently NOT taking new clients. I emailed this husband/wife team anyway to find out from husband that they are taking new clients (that was after my 2nd email), and the husband asked me to propose a time in the afternoon, which I promptly did.  Never heard a word back from the guy again ! Sent him another email a few days later... NOTHING !!.. What gives !    Some people pride themselves to be Full Service (FS).. That's hardly any service.. Just sayin'... 

After the horror stories, not even going to reach out to people like Morris Invest. I remember this dude from Fox News (Fox and Friends Weekend). Now did he become real estate guru after quitting FOX NEWS or was he first a real estate guy then became a media personality? He is charismatic and all, but he ain't no Tom Brady. Sorry I digress. 

Right market for me would be a place with strong job market, lower tax bill and low crime with rent around $850 - $1000

Right company for me would would following characteristics. 

• Efficient communication and prompt email responses. Should always be reachable.  I am the kind of guy who never takes advantage of anyone. If you respect my time, I will respect your's 10x 
  • Should own the property. No middle men brokers sending MLS listings.
  • Should have In House PM. 
  • Properties should be in B neighborhood with price point of $80,000- $90,000
  • Should be willing to take me to the property. I plan to fly down once I am done researching and ready to pull the trigger. 
  • Should have good reputation in the industry with verifiable 3rd party references.

If any investors have any recommendations, please post or PM me privately.. Both work. 

Loading replies...