Looking to meet Investors in New York City

19 Replies

Hey BP! I am new to real estate but after listening to hundreds of the BP podcasts and reading numerous books I am committed to taking action in 2018. I am fascinated with learning as much as I can about the intricacies of real estate investing. While I plan on investing out of state, I would love to meet up with investors in my area over coffee or drinks to talk real estate. I know there are REIA meetups, but I haven't had the opportunity to get to attend one yet. I currently reside in Williamsburg, Brooklyn but work in midtown Manhattan. Looking forward to connecting!

Originally posted by @Joe Vastola :

Hey BP! I am new to real estate but after listening to hundreds of the BP podcasts and reading numerous books I am committed to taking action in 2018. I am fascinated with learning as much as I can about the intricacies of real estate investing. While I plan on investing out of state, I would love to meet up with investors in my area over coffee or drinks to talk real estate. I know there are REIA meetups, but I haven't had the opportunity to get to attend one yet. I currently reside in Williamsburg, Brooklyn but work in midtown Manhattan. Looking forward to connecting!

I would check out the events section for local investor meetups

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-an...

Brie Schmidt, Real Estate Agent in Illinois (#471.018287) and Wisconsin (#57846-90)

Thanks @Brie Schmidt , I wish there were more of these! There's one in late February that is a few blocks from my apartment, will definitely make it a point to get there.

@Joe Vastola

Congratulations on making the decision to invest in real estate.

There are certainly a good amount of real estate networking events in the New York Metro Area(events in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Jersey City, Newark etc)

In addition to the events section posted by Brie - also look into meetup.com.

Have you decided on an area that you are interested in investing in?
Have you started to analyze deals?

Basit Siddiqi, CPA
917-280-8544

Thanks @Basit Siddiqi

I will definitely check it out. I am looking at a number of neighborhoods near Atlanta. 

I have begun analyzing deals and am hopeful I will buy something in the next few months.

Hey @Joe Vastola ! I also work in midtown Manhattan, and as you, decided to take some action during this year!! My final objective is to make BRRRR, but I'm looking to do a couple of flips before to make some money that would help me fund my first BRRRR. I'm also looking to partnership for my first ever investment flipping a house in NJ. I'm reading and trying to learn the most I can! Let's connect!

Daniel Lewis we are not allowed to post emails here. Can you please send a message? Thanks

Hey @Joe Vastola ,

congrats on taking the first steps...

I started less than a year ago and have invested into a few since then. Not enough time has passed to conclude but I can already see some trends developing. 

I live on LI and also looking to share my experiences and to meet local like-minded individuals.

@Joe Vastola ,

I only invest out of state - there is nothing locally that I can afford. Unless you do flips,  there is no investing on LI or Brooklyn as far as my knowledge tells me.

I am working on 1 investment in NJ right now though and hope to close that in the next few weeks but don't expect that will be able to find much more there.

This post has been removed.

@Joe Vastola !!!
Congratulations on making the jump to real estate. The right step is to be on BiggerPockets. I am a local developer and I agree with my colleague if you can invest outside Bergen County you will yield better returns.

If your looking to invest via flips. The deals are tough out here. I believe that if we work together and utilize what everyone is skilled at we can move the market as a whole.

@David Michael the returns don't seem as strong in the NY/NJ area as other cities around the country. Right now starting out I am looking more into buy and hold.

@Joe Vastola yes your on the money. I believe passive county and the surrounding area are producing better returns. Unless your ok with an area that is not producing anywhere near the two percent rate. You can also look at by how much your investing.  If you are putting the 60,000 down and receiving $2200 a month while your mortgage and expenses are $1800 and you’re OK with that kind of return you can invest in Bergen County if you’re OK with that kind a return 

Welcome to BP Joe! As many have mentioned, returns are hard to come by in this area but I know several people who have successful BRRRRs in NJ. It just takes a lot more work and patience than other markets. If you want to do a residential buy and hold, then 3-4 families are really the only things that cash flow at current prices. Feel free to drop me a line. Happy to meet up and share what I've learned so far.

You can actively find real estate meetups in your area using Meetup.com! Check it out: https://www.meetup.com/

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.