Looking for buy and hold SFH in Dallas-Fort Worth out of state

6 Replies

Hello BP!

I'm new to the Dallas Fort-Worth area and interesting in some properties. I'm looking for a 120k - 150k 3bd / 2ba buy and hold SFH rental property in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in a B neighborhood. Could someone recommend me some areas to look closer into?

Thank you @Jeff Richardson ! Can you recommend me some good property managers in the areas of Midlothian, and Mansfield to look into as well?

Thanks!

@Boyang W.

PM me if you are looking for homes in that area. I have some connections in that area as well as some property in that market.

@Boyang W. If you want some B class properties in DFW  look at grand prarie, arlington, mesquite, lancaster. The areas north of Dallas have seen tremendous appreciation and have become less appealing. If you look south, east and west of Dallas you can still find some properties that havent gone up so much but can still cashflow. 

Garland is another great area for rental properties. Lewisville has some pockets that cashflow very nicely too.  If you need some direction on different areas or want some contacts as far as wholesale deals, I am happy to point you in the right direction.  

Originally posted by @Eric Feldman :

Garland is another great area for rental properties. Lewisville has some pockets that cashflow very nicely too.  If you need some direction on different areas or want some contacts as far as wholesale deals, I am happy to point you in the right direction.  

I've started looking from out-of-state as well but have heard Garland is hard on landlords and requires jumping through hoops to get a CO. I've heard of them requiring things from investors such as grading driveways or "requiring hard-wired, interconnected smoke detectors". Can you confirm?

I'd be interested in your wholesale contacts and would be sure to tell them your referred me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.