@Joshua Davies It might depend on neighborhood or other factors but I have some duplexes in Chattanooga and my insurance is about 800 per year per duplex.
@Joshua Davies Insurance pricing has 2 main drivers of the premium;
1) # of units - this creates the General Liability premium - should be $75-$125 for a duplex for $1M
2) Building value drives the property rate
If you have a duplex with Property coverage of $50k and another @ $200k, the $200k will be about 4x's the premium.
For most of my investors in TN, duplexes insurance for $100k-$150k, full Replacement Cost run $600-$800 per year
@Jason Bott. Just emailed you. Would be interested in discussing.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing