The impact of a new freeway in the neighborhood

1 Reply

For those of you who live or invest in the metro Phoenix area, you may be familiar with the loop 202 extension. I'm curious to hear how those of you who own properties near new freeways have had your property values affected, good and bad. I own a SFH in Laveen which, is going to be a mile east of where the extension will be. Personally, I'm happy about it as that area requires long surface street driving to get to the nearest major freeway. The area grew significantly over the past decade as it is. I'm certain those whose house will back to the freeway, may be be subject to the construction noise, or have the character of their home altered may take a hit, but curious how beneficial it is for those who have experienced a situation like this. Thanks!

Originally posted by @Rodney Sums :

For those of you who live or invest in the metro Phoenix area, you may be familiar with the loop 202 extension. I'm curious to hear how those of you who own properties near new freeways have had your property values affected, good and bad. I own a SFH in Laveen which, is going to be a mile east of where the extension will be. Personally, I'm happy about it as that area requires long surface street driving to get to the nearest major freeway. The area grew significantly over the past decade as it is. I'm certain those whose house will back to the freeway, may be be subject to the construction noise, or have the character of their home altered may take a hit, but curious how beneficial it is for those who have experienced a situation like this. Thanks!

Long term it is a good thing for real estate. During the construction phase is the right time to buy if you are a long term holder.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here