Investing in the 209 (Stockton, Lodi, Tracy, Modesto, Manteca,+)

12 Replies

I'm beginning my investing career in the 209 area code. Mostly in Stockton and Tracy however. I wanted to see who else works in this area and what their thoughts are on their experience here. I know that Stockton and Tracy can generally be very patchy in terms of area quality. Class A & B neighborhoods are zoned extremely close to Cs and Ds often. 

If you're interested in forming a BP meetup in this area, reach out here and we'll get something started!

Hey @Tyler M Firinaiu , welcome to the site! It can be a pretty good resource at times!

I do quite a bit of work in the 209 (or "tha twomp nina" as the locals say, haha!) and I'm always open to taking a look at any SFR wholesale deals that you have available. Just actually did a deal in Stockton with a fellow BP member that netted each of us considerable amounts and I'm always looking for more! My sweet spot over the last five years in Stockton has been 3-5 acquisitions every month....

Feel free to reach out if you ever have questions. 

BTW @Kyle J. , how have you been, sir?

Originally posted by @Jake Leicht :

BTW @Kyle J., how have you been, sir?

Hey Jake - Been good.  I still have that house I bought from you.  The initial tenants I placed in there after the rehab are still there too.  :)

Hope all is well on your end.

@Kyle J. Man, that's awesome! I secretly wish that I would have hung on to that one...

Hopefully you are enjoying our contributions to appreciating the values in the neighborhood, haha! Country Club as well...

Take care buddy!

Hi @Kyle J. . Thank you for reaching out and thank you for the resource. I've been studying the post carefully. Its pretty great!

@Tyler M Firinaiu if you decide to set up a meetup, let me know - would be great to get Stockton investors together to share insight and just connect as a Group!

@Jamie Shah @Gi'angelo Bautista I'm putting something in the works as we speak. I'll be sure to let you all know!

Hi, I have a potential flip under contract in Atwater you might be interested in. 6 bed/3bath 3000 square feet with a pool on one acre. Purchase price: $400k Estimated Repairs: $90k ARV: $600k. I would rehab it myself but it is over 2 hours from my house. Let me know if you are interested. I have a hard money lender that will lend 100% of the purchase price. You just need to pay for the repairs. I can send pictures if it is of interest.

Kyle J post with link about stockton, from 6-8 weeks ago,  link is broken,  BP took it down.

Does anyone have info from his post ?

See you tonight in Stockton !

Welcome to BP @Tyler M Firinaiu and congrats on deciding a market to begin your investing career! I, too, would like to learn more about the Stockton market and where it's heading in the future. I just got a 16 unit property in Stockton and am looking to offer on a 15 unit, so would like to also hear anyone's experience in investing in Stockton.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here