Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Michael S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Beaufort, SC
Votes |
Wells Fargo's LLC bank account Sherlock Holmes (Utah)

Michael S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Beaufort, SC
Posted May 21 2018, 12:16

I just got off the phone with a very smug account Wells Fargo business checking associate who was very proud of discovering my registered agent's address (used on LLC filing) on the state website listed for other LLCs. The associate wanted to know where I will be doing business and wouldn't accept that registered agent's address. Well, mostly from my rental car and the hotel room, but that probably wouldn't be an acceptable answer. When I gave another address over the phone as a backup, I was told that would only be accepted with some correspondence (utility bill, invoice etc) that had the new address and the LLC's name. This is because this "new" address isn't on the official state filing.

How the heck is someone supposed to start a business, and enter into contracts with a utility company or customers without first having a bank account?  What planet is Wells Fargo on?

I had read many threads about going with a local bank for the LLC, and now I know why. Does anyone have a recommendation for a bank account in Utah that will allow me to use my registered agent's address?

In the future I plan to have an LLC that is wholly owned by another LLC. Have people on bigger pockets been able to get bank accounts for this kind of LLC (wholly owned by another entity)? I had no idea setting up the bank account would be harder than finding the deals.

I will be investing in Utah and South Carolina.

Loading replies...