• Investor
  • Lees Summit, MO
Votes |
Property Managers - Dedicated or not

Olga Marquez
  • Investor
  • Lees Summit, MO
Posted May 30 2018, 00:05
Greetings: I know many people wear many hats or try to within real estate sometimes, but it doesn’t always sit right with me. For instance, I am trying to find a dedicated property management company for a client. So far, the “referred” people/co have been new trying to break in, or are trying to practice real estate on the side. It seems like 1) they can’t focus on the PM duties, 2) or they’re trying to get a piece of the pie, or 3) they are bringing in other non-PM people to work. This past week was rough. Mind you we interviewed “referred” people. I would have had better luck picking someone out of yelp. I did a walk through with the following PMs and staff: 1) ended up being a newbie, and tried nickel and dining the work. Client said, “next!” 2) highly recommended lady. Everything seemed good. She got fired and her company didn’t want to do inner city work. “Broker” ended up not having license. Shame. I liked contract very much. 3) Recommended lady, has aspirations to become a sales agent herself now, as does her maintenance worker. All they spoke about was their careers as real estate agents. Focus PMs, focus! If I need agent, I can hire myself. 4) Most others on Yelp and other sites, have a plethora of complaints against them online. I’m at wits end. Is Property Management not a fruitful career and business in and of itself? I’m starting to wonder. Hard to find a dedicated company solely dedicated to it. If you know of one in KCMO that handles metro areas, please point me in their direction.

Loading replies...