Airbnb: Providence Rhode Island

2 Replies

Hi all, I’m currently in the Providence Rhode Island area and would like to Airbnb a few of my spare bedrooms out. During the day I’m working as a carpenter all over the state of Rhode Island, which usually puts me 30-50min drive to the house. By late-afternoon I’m usually. I’m also usually home during the weekends as well. I was wondering what your thoughts and opinions are about Airbnb in providence and with my situations. Also, if you have any books or blog recommendations

@Paige Biviano

Hi Paige! Short Term Rental host and Airbnb Superhost here.

The BIGGEST thing about doing Airbnb out of your personal home, is you will have to make sure your home is perfect--all the time. You will also be turning these rooms when people leave (washing the sheets, scrubbing down the shower, vacuuming, etc.)

Granted, this is if you are aiming for 5 star reviews (I don't know any other way). But if you are willing to do this, it can create some great extra income! And the best part--the guests leave. We do this professionally out in FL but also do it out of some extra bedrooms in our primary just because it's so nice. I

If you don't have time/don't want to clean rooms though, you might want to strongly consider just getting roommates. 

On a side note, I would just encourage to browse Airbnb as a "guest" and look for properties like what you are offering. See how much they are booked, see what they are going for. This will help determine what kind of demand you have in your area.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you