I have around 85 units and by next month I will be doubling my units and will have 175.
I do not have a dedicated office for our real estate, I office out of my husbands and my construction offices/showroom. Which in the beginning when we had just a couple rentals was fine when a tenant would come in and pay rent but now it's too much and our employees don't like dealing with it and my husband doesn't like some of the people coming in.
For some reason no one ever likes to mail anything they want to drop it off so we have a mail box that goes into a secured box to our building so we are fine with that. So i am trying to figure out options for our new 90 tenants....
1. Mail the dang check - no more cash!
2. Drop off the check in the secured box but don't even give them the option of going inside?
3. Because some of these buildings are 11 - 15 units I thought about having a secured box on location but I worry about theft???
4. Online option? I use quickbooks and do not want to change my accounting but thoughts on payments online? i don't wan to make it complicated for the tenant or me. and again i don't want to change my accounting.. plus we have 3 companies and 3 different checking accounts? Ideas / thoughts
Any help would be great. thanks
Good problem to have! From a QuickBooks perspective you can go about it in a few ways:
1. You can email invoices and enable merchant pay (3% fee to you if paid online), discounts available if you process around $7,500 a month. Even accepts Apple Pay for the younger generation:) @Travis Urquhart
2. Intuit will send you a reader so you can take payments in the shop if needed and the convenience fee is 1.5%-2.2% depending on volume.
3. Lastly, you can choose only to accept bank transfers (or automatic transfers, but requires extra set up) and offer incentives so you're not getting charged a fee.
Invoicing electronically throughout the whole bill, receive payment, deposit and reconcile cycle can ease the bookkeeping burden.
Chase quick pay, Venmo- many more options
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you