Northern California wild fires here we go again

4 Replies

These fires are really wreaking havoc on N. CA  the one in Shasta area is devastating the ones in Lake co are primarly burning off BLM brush land but have gotten into areas of nicer forest land.. the Ranch I grew up on in Lake Co was in the Path and I just talked to my brother and the entire 1,500 acres the fire ran through.. My dad subdivided that in the 60s and there are probably 35 to 40 homes there now not sure how many survived but it will never be the same in my lifetime now.. 

Just a sad state of affairs..

There's been two smaller fires near me... and it's truly insane how fast it grows. They called in the 747 for one of them, that thing is huge. 

I can't even imagine being in a situation that these people are facing...

Here in north ga. We get wild fires occasionally, but luckily droughts are not very often. It is the biggest fear that I have, but not one to lose sleep over. As they say in the south, our prayers will go out to you. 

part of the issue and we used to talk about this in my land sale days when I started out in N. CA selling ranch lands.. is that even though you had all these plats done in the 40 50 60 no one was living there fast for ward 50 to 70 years later and now a lot of people live in these areas .. and so when the fires do happen they take homes with them

along with controlling wild fires and no control burns..  this creates huge fuel load

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you