Best investment (Cashflow) neighborhoods in San Antonio?

1 Reply

I have been shopping markets for awhile and have been eying San Antonio and Dallas and the surrounding areas. I am mostly looking for duplex, triplex or quadplex's but into small apartment or single family as well. I am interested in cashflow as a main priority and buy and hold. I am curious which neighborhoods people would suggest? up and coming but safe, and will attract good tenants?

Thanks

Kristen

It is not the area that makes the cashflow, it is how good of a deal you get. You can buy retail with a realtor in any city across the country and you will probably get little to no or maybe even negative cash flow. When you buy right you will have cashflow.

Just because prices are cheaper does not mean that the properties will cash flow.

You also need to focus on what type of property that you are looking for. If you say duplex, tri, quad, apartments, etc. what are you actually looking for. Also, what are you doing to look for the properties? 

You probably need some sort of marketing plan to start looking for properties. Get you plan in place for what type of properties then how will you find people who may be slightly distress so that you can buy their multi unit at a discount.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you