Considering Jacksonville Florida.

4 Replies

I want to start looking at Property in Jacksonville Florida. Before I go for a visit, Are there some areas-zip codes, C or B neighborhoods you recommend for SFH? Thanks

I have been here since 1975 and have 29 years USPS here. To keep it simple.. I tell out of town people to stick to the 322 zip codes that border 320 zipcodes by 1 or2 and you will have less of a problem trying to decifer crime areas. Duval has 30 + residential zip codes. 32206 08 09 19 and 54 will have more crime areas but also has its good points. 

@Courtney Jones We love JAX and are expanding there. My team was there last week meeting property managers and brokers. 

What type of properties are you looking at? We specialize in 100+ unit value-add MF. Our preferred markets are: Orange Park,  Baymeadows, St. John's Town Center, Soutside, North JAX and certain pockets in Arlington. 

@Omar Khan thanks for that info. I am looking to stick with SFH or at most a tri -plex. Glad to hear you are still doing well since we spoke about Ohio.

@Carolyn Morales   that information is very helpful to wittle it down before I go for a visit. Thank you.

@Courtney Jones I'd recommend you keep this site handy and refer to it often to get to know the values and familiarize yourself with the values. Its the local MLS site and they release new data about sales, Days on Market and Sold as % of list price, so you can get an idea of the velocity of the market. This data should help to educate you quickly. 

I've been an investor since 2005 in Jax and I love it, so happy to help! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you