Trying to get started investing in small multifamily units

2 Replies

Hi, after looking at all the diff types of real estate niches ive decided to focus on purchasing small multifamily units. My long term goal would be eventually to transition into larger commercial multifamily units. Being in so cal, i originally had the intent to try starting out somewhere in nevada or arizona but seems like the market is too tight for my budget. Ive been looking primarily in the midwest, mainly cleveland, cincinatti, st lois, memphis, and indaniapolis. If anyone invests in those areas, i would like to get your perspective on the current market there for someone like me who is just starting out. My goal is to find a property that would net me immediate 10% return on my 20% downpayment (purchase price of around 100k)
@Daniel Pak I am an investor in the Evansville, IN area and am also looking into small multifamily units. We have a great market and I see tons of deals frequently in my area, I just lack the capital to purchase them. Maybe we could work together?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you