Stats to include in an investor portfolio package

2 Replies

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to create some handout materials for my real estate portfolio to give out to lenders (local banks, private money/hard money ) as well as any other industry professional I want to initiate a relationship with and potentially do business. The goal would be to provide an introduction to me as well as some of the more granular details of my investments. Does anyone have experience or recommendations into what stats are typically included within these? Should this focus more on me and my experience as an investor or should the focus be on returns like cap rate, COC etc. Is it beneficial to breakdown each property or roll up to the portfolio level. Thanks

@Craig Stucchi Haven't really put together a portfolio with RE stats in it, but I have done a few for my stock investment. 

Other investors and lenders like to see overall performance first (overall gross and net profit, operating expense, annual return in percentage etc). Then they want to see individual performance (each property or whatever you are doing broken down in details). 

The end is where you put the "about me/business" section. 

The way to think of it is that lenders and other investors don't have time, so you have to provide the bigger picture first. When the numbers look interesting, they would want more details. When they are satisfied with the details, then they would want to know who they are investing before they give you the money. It's always best to let business go first when it is just handing out materials. If you are talking to them in person, then you normally introduce yourself and your business first instead of last (just a quick intro, nothing too fancy). 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you