• Rental Property Investor
  • West Jordan, UT
Votes |
Sceptical Wife, Who Asked for Reassurance Before Investing

Russell Redford
  • Rental Property Investor
  • West Jordan, UT
Posted Feb 18 2019, 17:31

I am very excited to get started investing. I currently am in a job I dislike, with little opportunities for advancement. We dont want me to work until I'm dead. I've done my due diligence, but my wife is very sceptical.

We have heard a lot of advertisements from "real estate gurus" who sell the dream of financial freedom to only ask you to pay thousands of dollars for their secret formula. It's made her very sceptical of real estate investing. I can't blame her. We are living paycheck to paycheck with 3 small kids.

I won't do this without her support, and she is trying to get a clear picture of realistic possibilities. She asked me to post these questions.

1: Is it really possible to replace someone's income with real estate investing? (We dont expect to get rich quick, but how many of you have been able to quit your job after building your business for a few years.

2: Once your business replaces your job, how is your work life balance? The most important thing to us is spending time as a family, and dont want to commit to a life style that requires 60+ work hours a week.

Loading replies...