Areas in Detroit to Invest in

2 Replies

Hello Biggerpockets Members!

I am a new investor and planning to do my first deal as an out-of-state investor in Detroit. I have been working diligently to establish my “4 core” team before my trip next month. Lately, I have been analyzing deals in Detroit but looking more outside of the inner-city such as Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Redford, Warren, Ferndale, and Madison Heights. Does anyone recommend any other neighborhoods to check out while I made there? I am also trying to schedule meetings with PM and agents while I’m there as well. Also trying to see if there’s any auctions while I’m there. 

Thank you! 

Hey @Michele Earley ,

Some other markets to check out would be "Downriver" ( Taylor, Lincoln Park, Allen Park, Trenton) its investors that really like there. When your here lets connect, I am more concentrated in Detroit but if you looking for Detroit based investing we should meet up!

Hi @Jamiel Strickland ,

Thank you for the information. I will be adding these to my list and check out the neighborhoods while I am there. I am open to the suburbs as well as within Detroit. Where there’s a good deal and the numbers work :). My trip schedule has not been finalized, but I definitely would like to link up with you while I am there!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you