Found my first really good deal, but I don't know what to do next

2 Replies

I think I found a really good deal. A foreclosure that look like it might just need some cosmetic work done. From what I learned on here is to overestimate the cost of rehab, but here are the details.

House is going for $229,000, Zillow home value estimate $370,460. 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 1,848 sq ft, near a cemetery, on a major street. Window replacement, carpet replacement, yard work, need to paint the walls, patch up a hole in the dry wall. No cracks on the wall and no visible water damage on the roof. Neighborhood is okay, not the best. Houses around there go for about $330k to $360k. Been on Zillow for 30 days. Located in California

I don't have any capital, but maybe I can wholesale it. What should I do next?

@Kevin Phan If your numbers actually add up you might be sitting on a potentially good deal. Now, you need to find investors and then put the house under contract. You could try networking at local REIA meetings. You could also try taking out a loan. Hard money loans are also a good option. There's always family and friends as well. When you have a good deal everyone is a potential investor. Check out your state laws on unlicensed wholesaling before moving forward with this deal.

Good Luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you