Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Page
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
New, Used, or Dented Appliances (First Rental)

Jordan Page
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Posted Aug 6 2019, 07:54

So I'm less than two weeks away from closing on my first property. It's a wonderful 3/2 in Hueytown, AL just outside of Birmingham/Bessemer area. The deal will be closed with about 25K in instant equity with typical updating repairs. One thing that's not great is the contract stated the seller will be taking all appliances, so needless to say I'm over thinking my next move. It is an FHA loan, so I'm spending the next year living in the property as I fix it up to market standards.

As far as rental appliances in the area, it seems the standard is basic entry level stainless appliances.. but also a lot of outdated stuff too.

My question is, knowing that it will be all be used by the time a tenant gets in there, should I scoop one of the basic $1,999 Frigidaire combo kits, or should I try to go for the discounted scratch and dent stuff assuming it’s not an awful eye sore. Then again, I could shop around for decent used appliances from upgrading homeowners.

What’s the smartest choice here. At the end of the day, I am stressing over a few hundred bucks... but also, every few hundred bucks is money in or out of my pockets.

Thanks so much, and sorry for the rant!

-Jordan Page

Loading replies...