What’s your criteria of a goodl deal??

5 Replies

@Keleisha Carter . Depends on a person's business model and goals. As a buy and hold investor looking to build income streams I prioritize cash on cash return but I also factor in other metrics and criteria. A flipper or wholesaler might focus on ARV.

If I'm flipping, the property must deliver the minimum profit dictated by my REI Plan...at that time.

If I'm holding, the property must cash flow at the minimum required based on my REI Plan...at that time.

I would like to rent out a property for at least 25%.  What I mean is that gross rent should be no less than 25% of purchase price and rehab spent.  But for that return, you are expecting to get much less on appreciation.

Hard to believe I am approaching 30 years in this field, but I am.  I have no spreadsheets or guru and I never have

I just want to know for myself, that if the world falls apart, I can sell apart I can sell the property and break even

So in all my years, I have lost money on 1 deal($1500).  That property had a fire after I purchased it

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here