My property was destroyed by tornado and considered a total loss. I bought the property a couple of months ago using hard money. Now my insurance company sent the payment to me. The check needs to be endorsed by both me and the lender. My lender wants me to give them the check and deposit it. They said they would figure out how much they give back to me.

My question is: is this standard transaction? Should I get an attorney for this?