Has anyone used a HML (Hard Money) to purchase a Hubzu property?

1 Reply

I see a Hubzu property that I'd like to make an offer on.

***Now before we get into this, let me tell you that I have in fact researched Hubzu, heard about how tons of people hate it, and am aware of the buyer fees they charge.***

My Question: Can a one of these Hubzu "Cash only" properties be purchased using hard money? I have excellent credit + have spoken with a few hard money lender's, so I already know the lender I'd go with

- Does Hubzu allow a buyer to purchase the home using Hard Money?

- Will Hubzu honor a "approval letter" from the hard money letter?

- Do most Hard Money Lenders REQUIRE a full inspection, with access to interior of the house, before lending money?

... Basically, I'm trying to figure out if it's possible/makes sense to purchase a property on Hubzu using hard money.

I can speak for my experience:

- Does Hubzu allow a buyer to purchase the home using Hard Money? 

I put the bid in as a cash buyer and brought a hard money lender after I won the auction.

- Will Hubzu honor a "approval letter" from the hard money letter? 

I did not have to bring an "approval letter" - just gave them the lender's contact information and the two parties worked everything out

- Do most Hard Money Lenders REQUIRE a full inspection, with access to interior of the house, before lending money?

My hard money lender understood that auction properties might not be granted a full inspection, so they did a paper appraisal

... Basically, I'm trying to figure out if it's possible/makes sense to purchase a property on Hubzu using hard money.

It definitely is possible - the numbers will dictate if it "makes sense" :)

Hope this helps.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here