Networking : College Station , Texas

20 Replies

For those interested in a networking meetup would y'all want to do a zoom meet up or in person? It sounds like we have some from out of town. Any suggestions?

@Kameron Yellin

I saw your other post about a 10 year plan to push ag-shacks out of neighborhoods. Further discussion on that time horizon would be great - try to help steer into best investment areas.

Any other insights you've find while getting your duplex

Zoom could work, but timing might be hard. Maybe just a group chat scenario? Dedicated forum?

@Kameron Yellin I own an SFR in CS with @Tom Knodt , and we are looking to grow our portfolio.  Hoping to be a part of any networking events either virtual or in-person when that becomes more realistic.  We enjoyed BRIC meetings in the past and found it unfortunate that those had been winding down / changing format even pre-COVID.

@Kameron Yellin howdy, Kameron! I'm an Airbnb property manager here in College Station, and id love to help out. I have 3 little cottages located right underneath Kyle field (.5 miles away from the front door) and am in the works of adding 5 more properties to the STR portfolio. I'm very familiar with automating Airbnbs in the area as well as the new STR regulations that just passed here in Aggieland. I'd love to connect with you & help out anyway possible.

@Kameron Yellin howdy, Kameron! I'm an Airbnb property manager here in College Station, and id love to help out. I have 3 little cottages located right underneath Kyle field (.5 miles away from the front door) and am in the works of adding 5 more properties to the STR portfolio. I'm very familiar with automating Airbnbs in the area as well as the new STR regulations that just passed here in Aggieland. I'd love to connect with you & help out anyway possible.

Howdy BCS investors! My wife and I are attempting to house hack in College Station, however every time a worthy property comes on the market we are beaten out by an all cash offer. Any suggestions? 

@Kyle Fry Howdy Kyle! Congratulations on taking the necessary steps to set your family ahead financially! As for what I would do in situations like this there are two suggestions I have. The first is the most obvious, keep making offers on properties and don't lose hope. Eventually, you will get a property that is worthy.

The second thing I would recommend is something that worked for one of my clients who was having a similar situation for an area in Bryan he was interested in. He was looking for small condos in a specific area of town where there were no properties on the MLS. After not being able to find anything for a while I reached out to my team leader Gary Wilson who specializes in working with investors and finding properties for them to invest in. He has a specific "campaign" for lack of a better word to find investments for his investors when inventory is "tight." He told me to send letters to homeowners in the community from a template that he gave me. I have always been hesitant of mailouts because others that I know have had little success with them. I also did mailouts once and got a response rate of 1%. Ever since then I have steered far away from mailouts. Because my Team Leader Gary Wilson recommended it I gave it a try anyway. 50 mailouts were sent to the homeowners in the community and 5 people reached back out to see what he would offer. Two weeks later we sent the mailouts again to the Homeowners that hadn't responded and got another person interested in Selling. The second mailouts were sent out earlier this week and we are expecting more people to reach out over the next few days. Now my buyer is coming into town on Tuesday to view some of the 8 properties that he ran an analysis on (Some owners had more than one property they wanted to sell) that match his description which are all off-market properties!

In short, ask your realtor if he is willing to try this. It is a business expense that he can write off and if you don't purchase the property your realtor has a seller lead that he can hopefully put on the MLS and sell to a different buyer. You get a property or he gets a listing. This is your realtor's marketing budget so you hopefully won't have to pay a dime. It's a Win-Win all around.

I hope that was somewhat helpful and best of luck in the search!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you