Using OPM to fiannce deals

2 Replies

What is everyone's strategy to using none of your own capital to invest in real estate. Those I have talked to have told me to use private lenders but typically the max ive seen is 80% LTV so where am I going to get the 20% down payment without using my own capital? Curious to see everyone's strategy's.

Partnership , Another private money. Buy deal for good price, refinance after 9 months , pay them both. I don't see why how you couldn't split your portion with the financier of the remaining 20%.  I see this as a better option compared to just putting it all on a credit card.

@Chance Hughes

My first experience with private lending was a BRRRR project. The lender funded the purchase and I funded the rehab. Project went according to plan. Next project and continues to fund my purchase and rehab 100%. It takes time to build trust. You might be able to use two private lenders for the 100% funding. It's tough to have that trust on your first project.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you