Real Estate Investing Mentorship

7 Replies

I am looking into a women's real estate investing mentorship program. Any advice about if I should put out 9K to be mentored? It's for 16 weeks and lifetime access to her students who have succeeded as well as forms, videos, etc?  Should I take the leap?  

@Becky Negrillo I don't know what your investment goals are so I can't say if the $9k mentoring program is a good investment. What do you want to get out of the program?

BP, youtube, and a few other sites are good resources to learn real estate investment. You can buy a lot of books for $9k. 

There are countless people who bought into a mentoring program who never took action. I recommend you read / follow a couple of the forums in BP to learn and I think you'll find that you can get a great education here. You can also find a lot of the forms, tools etc. here as well.

The key is to take action on what you learn whether it be from BP or the mentoring program, because ultimately that will determine if the time / $ spent was a worthwhile investment. 

Thanks for your reply.  I have read several books to learn about the business and happened upon this opportunity.  I agree that either way, action is the key. 

Disclaimer: I have paid for a mentorship program but am not advertising it with my reply.

Questions about mentorships come up a lot in the forums and it seems to be a polarizing topic for some people. Many say don't do it because it is true, all of the information is out there for free, but that is only part of what you get from a mentorship program. You do get information but you also get a group of like minded people you can lean on with your questions and possible partnerships in the future. Personally I think $9k for 16 weeks is a bit steep unless there is a very detailed itinerary and a step by step plan designed for you and what you need.16 weeks isn't a whole lot of time.

Before jumping into the program I signed on to I interviewed multiple programs and coaches and went with the one I felt best fit my needs and my learning style. I also spoke with current students/mentees to get their opinion of the programs.

The monetary investment in your education can be a great motivating factor to light the fire and get you moving so I am a fan of good programs for that reason too. Be careful though because for every great program there are multiple gurus out there only in it for a buck. Do your homework and follow what you think is best for you, your goals and your situation.

If you would like to talk specifics on programs feel free to dm me and I'd be happy to chat.

To be honest, the mentorship program I'm in gave me a lot for around $10K. I was coming from a place of basically no experience and limited knowledge, and it gave me a number of tools that lead to me closing my first deal. 

First, it gave me the basic knowledge necessary to get deals done as well and be savvy when talking with partners, investors, brokers, and sellers - all which are EXTREMELY important conversations. 

It also gave me a place to ask questions when I was questioning if I was doing something properly (lack of confidence). 

Finally, it showed me that there are people that started where I did doing an incredible job and becoming experts with large portfolios which may be the most important in the beginning. It helped me show myself that it was possible!

However, none of that matters if YOU don't take action. If you plan on taking action, and you don't have $9,000 to your name, I would say it's worth it as long as you know the program / mentor has rave reviews. 

Most mentors will teach you something about real estate that you can use.  It is a matter of what you are trying to get out of it and how you will implement the information.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you