FHA Loan Requirements

3 Replies

I'm in the process of trying to get approved for my first FHA loan. Should I let them know that I'm currently trying to house hack? It is any of there business to know? Any advice would be great!

I agree with Garrison. Although if you have worked with your lender in the past and have a bit of history it may be beneficial to let them know. Understand that FHA you will be paying PMI for the life of the loan. If you have a good lender they should be able to give you other "low down" options that won't keep PMI nearly as long. There are many little intricacies as far as terms when it comes to these loans and some won't finance a building with 2 units. I would say let them know what you are looking to do. If they are not finding good options for you, don't be afraid to call sit down with a few other lenders.

@William Hunt I have a few great lenders in MI if you're still looking for a good option that understand the investing space and can read between the lines of what you're trying to do and offer the best product out there for what your trying to accomplish. Let me know! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you