Owning four properties by the time I retire. Good plan?

5 Replies

Hey guys, I would love your feedback. I am 42 years old and have a plan to retire at age 67 with four properties paid off. I currently have two rentals that are worth a total of $530,000.  I owe a total of $230,00 on their mortgages. I do not have a home right now.  I am living in a rental but I am planning to do a refinance cashout so that I can buy a house for me that will cost around 500k.  I plan to put down 100k so that will leave me with a 400k mortgage. About 5 years down the road I would like to buy my fourth house so that I can retire with all four paid off.  I kind of fell into this plan.  Does it seem like a good one?  

@Zachary Balon The nice thing about real estate is that it can be fit to your desired lifestyle. Not all of us are looking to be Multifamily moguls. It sounds like a good plan to me! 
I'd recommend looking into a 1st position HELOC so you can much more quickly and efficiently snowball the debt to get them all paid off.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you