Hey guys, i have hit with a small dilemma. I am a college student that’s a reservist in the military. Looking to buy my first brrr property. I don’t qualify for a loan. Due to the fact that the military is not two years worth of income. Do you all have any ways around this.
@Josh Todd a few ways this may work:
1. Have someone co-sign the loan. Check w/ the lender to see if they'll allow a co-signer for 12-24 months or whatever period they determine and will allow the co-signer to be released from the loan w/o refinancing. Ensure it's in writing.
2. Find an owner financed deal. Set the terms for a 3-5 year balloon which should allow you to meet a banks requirements.
3. Partner w/ someone who can get the financing.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you