Buying in North Seattle with a VA Loan

3 Replies

I am still trying to wrap my head around taking a possible mortgage for 600k+ on a multifamily property with my VA loan. I have two properties in Florida and the cost of these properties are dirt cheap compared to the properties in this market. How do you play in this market? I think it might be a bad move to jump in seattle and maybe just go invest in another property in Florida. Would love to hear all advice. Thanks for the help.

@Dimitri Paspalaris it's all a function of roi, cashflow, appreciation, risk, comfort, regulatory environment etc. Personally I like the balance in Florida but it is an individual decision. Some might like the higher prices in Seattle as less units to manage for the same roi, investment. Some might prefer a cheaper place than Florida for even more units to spread the risk.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you