Are there lenders that lend forbjust rehab cost?

5 Replies

I have someone willing to do JV and our agreement I he purchase property and I fund rehab and we split profits down the middle for example 550k purchase 100-150k rehab and ARV 840-950k, so I'm looking for lenders that will just lend for rehab? And also does this sound like a solid JV of course we will put everything in writing and escrow

@Victor King It sounds like you're looking for a construction loan, but I guess I'm a touch confused on this one. If you're getting a lender to cover rehab costs, what are you funding? Is there a reason your partner wouldn't just get a construction loan himself?

And you'll be hard pressed to get a construction loan without proof that you own the asset. It may need to go into your partner's name anyway.

Hey @Victor King yes this is possible with some private lenders. I believe you may need to take out a certain loan amount as they do have minimums. Much easier for you to simply get a open private mortage with no pre payment penalty. These lenders will allow you to put less down on the property and finance up to 100% of your renovation costs. When you are done the project simply refi into a traditional mortgage.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you