What's your market/niche and what is 1 pro and 1 con about it?

2 Replies

Hi everyone,

Since there is a large volume and knowledge, it can get immense for newbies like me to know what market to tap in to since I am looking to expand my operations into long distance rentals. 

I've recently just joined the BP family and just curious to know what is your market/niche in investing.  What is one pro that you enjoy about your market and what is one con (or one piece of advice to avoid a challenge)?

I'll start.

I'm in the SF east bay area and focus on travel healthcare.  One thing I love about this niche is you get to meet great people who are very professional and responsible.  One challenge or piece of advice I would share is there is a high vacancy rate because status quo for travelers can change quickly.  I like to fill up the vacancies with  vacation guests when feasible.

@Lioneil Guevarra - I do several different things in RE. However, one thing that is my bread and butter is buying B class rental properties out of stare. One thing I love about it is equity and cash flow. One thing I don’t love is that it takes a lot of work to find and close deals so sometimes I’m burned out and don’t want buy more even though I should. So I guess that really boils down to me not having great staff, if I did i would have the time and energy to close more deals. 

@Lioneil Guevarra Same here in the SF east bay.  Leveraging my architecture design and construction background to pursue value add multifamily and storage deals.  Got teams of contractors, PM, investors, etc to take down properties - big and small and build equity and returns.

One challenge right now is the lack of inventory...no one is selling! LOL! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you