Where can I buy in 20k and make cash flow?

6 Replies

Let me know when you get financing. There are markets near me you may be able to find what your looking for. But be warned if this is your first investment buying something that cheap will need work sooner than later and may be inheriting headaches. Hope you have a reserve 

I’ve personally been looking in Jacksonville, Fl for properties that best fit the ~100K purchase price and can cash flow. Being that I live in Florida however makes it more accessible for me. 

Quicken Loans has a top 25 list of hottest markets (see below) that you can use the median value as a starting basis for your search. That may help you narrow down to specific markets and get more assistance.

https://www.quickenloans.com/l...

You could have accomplished this on less than $20K down in Rochester NY back about 5 to 10 years ago if you bought a double in 14620, and in parts of 14619, 14609 or 14610.  Not sure you can do it on $20K these days, but I suspect you can come pretty close.   As @Austen Mueller points out above, having access to some reserves is crucial in this kind of investing.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you