Votes
Marian Allen
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
House hack Atlanta

Marian Allen
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jun 25 2021, 06:11

Hello everyone! I have been reading on this forum and saving aggressively for about a year and have finally reached a point where I’m ready to invest myself.

Hoping to make contacts/get advice for the Atlanta market. I just took a nurse practitioner job and will be a first time home buyer.

Ideally would like to buy a multi family and live in one unit. I know these can be hard to come by. I’ve also thought about buying single family, fixing it up, then moving in a year (I have a roommate who will be moving with me and is an interior designer, which could be an asset.)

I’m currently renting pretty cheap month to month in Atlanta so I can be patient finding a place. I’m not sure if waiting for the housing market to settle down a bit would be in my best interest.

Any advice or local contacts/leads would be greatly appreciated. I’ll be looking for everything: real estate agents, contractors, local banks, any off market deals, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help. You all have been an inspiration to me and taught me a lot this past year and I’m anxious to finally be an active investor myself!

Loading replies...