How many of you use Buyers Agents?

4 Replies

I was curious how many investors use Realtors as buyers agents when looking for great deals that are listeed in MLS.

If not why?

Here is a great article about why you should.

http://www.reiclub.com/articles/buyers-use-agent

OK!!!!! I get it. Most of you are not using Pro Realtors. I'm sure you do it better on your own. I was just curious.

Great deals aren't usually listed in the MLS. MLS is for marketing the properties that I find to the general public (and sometimes I will use a realtor for that).

Why would I hire someone to help me structure a deal when that's supposed to be my expertise? Not trying to be rude to all realtors because I am sure that some of them are very skilled in structuring deals. But as an investor I've got a pretty good idea of the options available to me.

I like to see what my competition is doing. I recently spoke with a realtor that was selling a rehabbed house for a private investor. I started talking with the realtor about signing a lease-option contract for the house. "I've been a realtor for 20 years and I've never done a deal like that. Maybe you can talk to the owner?" She then proceeded to call the owner and I spoke with him for a little bit. His response? "I'm actually pretty new and I don't know anything about lease-options. Why don't you talk to my realtor?"

In any case I would only use a buyer's agent in two situations.
1. If I was new to the type of deal I was doing (a raw land deal, for example)
2. If I was trying to buy property in another state (not going to happen anytime soon, I have enough opportunities around here).

This post has been removed.

Great Charles. Thanks for the document. Can you start a new thread and post the non-circumvent? It would be great to have that handy for people to use. Thanks!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you