Financing a Lake Cabin in WI

4 Replies

Anyone have any experience with getting financing on a Lake Cabin in WI or MN? Just curious if it is possible to get a fixed 30 year note or not as well as % down requirements etc. I foresee that it might get tricky due to lack of comps as well as not being a typical house.

Thanks,

Eric

@Eric Gutierrez - As long as you were using it and it was not an investment, I wouldn't see why you couldn't get a 30 year on it - as long as the price was reasonable, you could probably even approach it as a "second home" when applying.

Hey John,

Couple more details...

-Plan would be to rent it part time and treat it as an an investment

-If there aren't a lot of comps in the area (what im afraid of) even if the price is reasonable a banks might not agree. I'm thinking a small local bank would be best bet but even then still not sure

-This would be property #5. All 4 current properties are within a half mile of each other with 3 currently rented and the 4th will eventually be.

-Eric

I'd like to the answer to that question also. I live in Minnesota and have interest in a cabin someday.

@Marcus Johnson I'm not sure this is even a possibility for me either at the moment, just trying to start feeling out the possibilites and get an idea of the hurdles

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.