PPM's

7 Replies

Does anyone have guidance on wording for a PPM.  I already feel comfortable with presenting the deal analysis reports but would like to have a PPM statement as to risks to attach to those.  Could someone share an example of what they use.   Thanks, Sonia

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property

You really need to consult an experienced attorney who specializes in PPMs. You can describe a deal in 2-3 pages, but a PPM is designed to communicate all the risks of investing in real estate and with you in order to avoid running afoul of the Securities and Exchange Commission.  And you don't always need one depending on the size of the deal and amounts invested.  

@Hattie Dizmond - think of a PPM as a prospectus / business plan for investors in a multi-family or commercial deal (really in the company - LLC doing the deal of which they may become a part owner). It is basically a private stock offering in the company that will purchase and run the property.

Originally posted by @Doug McLeod:

You really need to consult an experienced attorney who specializes in PPMs. You can describe a deal in 2-3 pages, but a PPM is designed to communicate all the risks of investing in real estate and with you in order to avoid running afoul of the Securities and Exchange Commission.  And you don't always need one depending on the size of the deal and amounts invested.  

I would agree you should consult an attorney.  Our firm has done many PPMs, and I have a ton of experience in various aspects of real estate, but I would not consider drafting a PPM.

Mark