Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Carlos Asuaje
  • Weston, FL
Votes |
Question about "Truth-in-lending" disclosure??

Carlos Asuaje
  • Weston, FL
Posted Nov 13 2014, 09:23

Hello BP community!

Im very proud to announce that me and my partner have finally gotten our first multi-family property under contract and have found financing for it! I'm very excited of course...but i do have a question about a piece of information that was provided by the lender, it's called the "Truth-in-Lending" disclosure. This is my first time taking out a mortgage so i hope you guys can enlighten me on this subject....

So over the phone, the lender gave me all the numbers, how much i needed for the down payment, the APR, the monthly principal and interest payments, pretty much everything. All of it sounded great!

Then she sent me all of the documents via email, and that's when i saw thei "Truth-in-Lending" disclosure... Here, almost all of the numbers were different! Not by much, but still they were different. The APR was off, the monthly payments, almost everything...plus, they added the "estimated taxes + (escrow) insurance"...what does that even mean?

Of course, i havent signed anything yet because i was caught off guard by this, but is this normal? Are these just estimates? Any help would be much appreciated 

-Carlos

Loading replies...