cash out refinance for multi-unit investment property - Texas?

cash out refinance for multi-unit investment property - Texas?

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes

If I have duplex that I originally put 25% into, and after a year or even several years my equity has grown - are there options available that I would be able to cash out refinance to take some of the equity out to say, re-invest in another property? I am in Texas.

0Reply
19 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Peter MacKercherBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
    11y

    Yes there are in STl thy will typically allow you to refi at 70%LTV. I would call a couple of local banks and find a good mortgage broker.  Also go to your local REI club and ask for referrals or professionals that are there. 

  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent · Rancho Cucamonga, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 757 votes
    11y

    Hello Audrey,

    Getting cash out through conventional lending is tough in TX. I know that Freddie will do 1 unit up to 80% LTV which doesn't really help you.

    You would need to get a portfolio loan, private loan or HML loan. If you get the cash out this way you could do a rate and term refinance through all conventional channels up to 75% LTV.

    I hope this helps and have a great day.

  • Jared RineBusiness Member
    Lender · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 277 votes
    11y

    @Audrey VanDeWalle Tsogbe

    There are options as Shaun stated, but it might not be through conventional routes.  It's more likely going to be through a portfolio lender or private entity (that's providing better terms than hard/private money).

    Hope this helps. Feel free to contact.

    Thanks,

    Jared Rine United Lending Partners53 Reviews
    View Page
  • Real Estate Agent/Property Management · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 827 votes
    11y

    Texas has always been very protective of the homestead so financing rules are pretty strict.

    My understanding is that you can only refinance up to 80% of the market value if you're looking for cash back. So let's say you have a property worth $100,000 and the principal balance is $50,000. You could only pull $30,000 cash out of the property.

  • Investor · Andover, MA · Member since 2015 · 269 posts · 67 votes
    11y

    Thought about HELOC or perhaps a Bridge Loan (if it's available in TX - I am not sure)

    Just throwing some ideas out there...

    Flavio

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.