• Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
What are my options? LOC -> Refi?

Susan M.
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jan 19 2015, 10:03

I have two rental properties right now that would probably be valued around 40K each. Last year I obtained a commercial LOC on these properties for the purchase of another two properties. I now have a balance of $33.6K and $28.7K on these properties, while the other two are free and clear.

I would like a more "traditional" loan rather than this commercial LOC (high interest). I am very ignorant of what options are available to me, if any.

Can I obtain a refinance on the properties that currently have these LOC balances against them? When I apply, does the LOC balance count as money owed, when determining LTV?

Or would I be better off trying to obtain a refinance on the two properties that are free and clear, and just using that money to pay off the LOC? That seems the more obvious route but I'd like some advice on the best approach here.

Edited to add: Part of my problem seems to be the low values of these properties.  I tried lending tree and as soon as I put in the value of the properties it says it doesn't meet the minimum loan amount for their lenders.  I guess no one cares about loaning money it's such a tiny amount?!?!

Thanks!

Loading replies...