Convention LOC/HELOC on investment property in Pittsburgh, PA

8 Replies

Does anyone know of a bank in the Pittsburgh Metro that has done a LOC on an investment property? I own a triplex free and clear, and I would like to weight my options to set up a line against it.

Thanks!

Any reason why you wouldn't consiser a Pittsburgh Real Estate minded bank for a Refinance? - Jason Cohen Pittsburgh

Well, I don't need a refinance, I don't owe any money on it.

I'd like to be able to capitalize on this fact, but I'm getting a lot of feedback along the lines of 'well, we just don't deal with investment property', which I suppose means that the bank isn't REI-geared or friendly.

@Jeremy Pace  

I'm in Pittsburgh.  I did some checking with local banks last year on doing a cash-out refi with less than 6 months seasoning.  In the process, I found some banks that will do HELOCs on investment properties, some local some not:

ESB Bank

Fifth Third Bank

Huntingdon Bamk

TD Bank 

Wells Fargo

Also Dollar Bank and S&T Bank were very willing to do a refi on investment property and saavy on it, so I'd be surprised if they wouldn't do a HELOC on it.

Is there a Northwest Savings Bank in Pittsburgh (I know they're north of Pittsburgh). They have proven themselves to be very REI friendly in my experience with them.

@Jeremy Pace

Did you end up finding a lender who will do a HELOC in an investment property? I'll looking for one myself, right now. Thanks.

@Peter Bussey

I was unable to find that exact thing, but after speaking to some other people, it looks like I may be able to get close to what I want with a refinance.  Message me, and I'll go into more detail about what I was told to do.

@Jeremy Pace can you let me know as well?  I'm looking to find a bank that will do a cash out refi on an investment property (titled in an entity which is sometime the rub). The 2 local portfolio loan banks I typically use to finance (haven't tried a refi with them until now) for some reason don't seem too keen on doing it.  Much appreciated.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here