Does anyone have experience being a hard money lender and what you grossed?

3 Replies

I have had a few offers from people who want me to lend them hard money. I was wondering if anyone had longer term real world experience on what they grossed /netted as a hard money lender? Please let me know what rates/points you lent at and what you grossed, then netted. 

I've been lending hard money for over 10 years.  If you are looking at a few deals, I would suggest not lending.  There are so many potential mistakes you'll make getting started that the losses will far outweigh the gains.  If you interested in creating a passive income through owning mortgage notes, than I would suggest you buy them through hard money lenders, like myself, who know the pitfalls of hard money lending, how to avoid them, how to balance risk, and still create a great return for ourselves.  Please contact me through BP directly and I'd be happy to share more info. with you.  Thanks!

This post has been removed.

@ken, What do u average on an annualized basis with something like a 4pts /13%? What do you find is the average holding time across all your people flipping?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.