Mortgages for non Nationals, not living in the USA

8 Replies

Hi there,

Anyone have advice for how a Canadian living in Germany can get a mortgage loan in the US?

I've called and searched everywhere. I can't seem to find anything. 

Yes, I found some hard money lenders, but because I intend to buy and hold I don't want to risk a 2 year loan.

Thanks,

Charline

Hi Charline, 

Try Express Capital Mortgage out of Arizona, they cater to Foreign Nationals.

I've got a great niche source.  Hit me up through BP and I'll give you their info.

Charline,

Where is the property located? I work for a hard money lender, if it's in California we maybe able to give you a loan for up to 5 years.

Hi @Charline R. have you approached BBVA Compass?  They are a Canadian bank with a large US presence - as a Canadian citizen they may be able to help you.

Good luck

Ruth

@Ruth Jones  I think you're mistaken, BBVA is Spanish bank. There's no such bank in Canada. 

@Chad Urbshott you are quite right. I meant BMO Harris. Having one of those days!

I work with Essex Mortgage in California and I cater to foreign nationals looking to invest in the US. If the other lenders don't work out for you we even have 8-10 day rush closings available. Send me a private message for further details. 

Charline,  did you come across any good providers for foreign nationals?  I know TD, BMO and Royal Bank all operate in the USA which are good options for Canadians but TD won't loan on more than 5 properties and most others I have come across want 35 to 50 percent down.  

I am currently looking and thought I would reach out to see if you had any advice as this is an older thread.

Thanks!

Ryan

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.