Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Mike Day
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Refinancing dilemma (blanket loan?) - help!

Mike Day
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Jun 4 2015, 14:01

Hi everybody! So I'm facing a bit of a dilemma about refinancing some properties and am hoping somebody might have some bright ideas. The situation is this. There are two properties I want to refinance, both in Indianapolis, both duplexes. The value of one is about $60k and the value of the other is about $120k. For various reasons, I need to either purchase these from a partnership in which I currently own them with another person, or I need to sell, but I'd rather keep the properties. I am self-employed and won't qualify for a normal bank loan. In addition, the second property has a detached third unit, and due to an obscure regulation, Fannie Mae won't lend on it. I've found some lenders who work with rental properties based only on the income of the property, not the borrower's debt-to-income ratio, but they basically do blanket loans for multiple properties and their minimum value is higher than the combined value of these properties.

So on the one hand, I can't get a regular bank loan because I'm self-employed, and on the other hand, I can't get a blanket loan for investors because the property values are not high enough. Does anybody have any bright ideas about how I can pull this off? Any input appreciated.

Loading replies...