• Wooster, OH
Votes |
seller financing to home occupant - Dodd-Frank

Raul Pedrozo
  • Flipper
  • Wooster, OH
Posted Jun 22 2015, 12:28

Good afternoon,

I've been reading a lot on this site and elsewhere about Owner/Seller financing as it pertains to Dodd-Frank, but I can't seem to find an answer for this situation (either that or don't want to believe the answer). Scenario:

1. 1.  I have a rental in Tampa, it is owned free and clear the home is in the name of one of my LLC's. 
  2. 2.  My current tenant has been in place and paying rent for 3 1/2 years and has requested to purchase the home.  
  3. 3.  Tenant doesn't qualify for conventional lending, so they would like owner financing. 

I would love to loan them the money but I only want to lend my money for 5 years.   The perfect scenario would be to offer them a 30 year term so their monthly payment isn't so high that they can't offered it.  That said, Dodd-Frank and the "no balloon" clause is causing some concern.  Did I understand the regulation correctly?  A Seller that finances the purchase of one of their rental properties to a buyer occupant can't require a full payment in 3, 5, 7 yrs?

Does anyone know how I can make both myself and the tenant happy here?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Raul.  

Loading replies...