Cash Out Refinance

4 Replies

Hello BP,

I am looking to do a cash-out refinance on a property that I own free and clear which i estimate to be between 95k and 105k. I'm considering terms that I received from Zeus Mortgage. 30 year loan, 4.75% interest rate and 75% of the appraisal value with $6,500 in closing costs. I am a self employed. I will continue to search around but wanted to know your opinion on these terms??? Both the interest rate and closing costs seem high to me. Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks.    

@Samori Diallo we are in the process of doing the same thing in SD and we are able to pull 75% of appraised value for 30 yrs at 4-4.25%.  That is with a regional bank in MT-SD-WY area.  15 yr rate is 3.25% if we wanted that.  Not sure on our closing costs but $6,500 seems high to me...  I would suggest finding a Credit Union which typically have lower rates or a regional bank, which has low rates and usually that desirable 30yr mortgage.

@Samori Diallo  The rate seems very high. 75% LTV is correct. Closing cost does look high, but some areas have high taxes, so can't say for sure.

Good luck.

Upen Patel
Mortgage Banker

95k*75%= 71250

6500/71250 = 9.1% in closing costs. Certainly seems high to me.

4.75%@30  looks good

This post has been removed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.