• Engineer
  • Dayton, OH
Votes |
Financing a fifth mortgage

David Long
  • Engineer
  • Dayton, OH
Posted Sep 6 2015, 22:00

im new to bp and would like some advice on options to buy a house.

I have five properties in the Dayton/cincy area and all properties are rentals.  I recently obtained a personal 5yr loan @3% and decided to pay off one of the properties.  I still have four active mortgages.

I will be away for military training for about 6 months and then move back to the Dayton area. I am looking to buy another property as my primary residence. I'm considering either a second VA loan or a conventional loan.

I've spoke with the banks before and they have told me I need 6 months piti for any properties I had.  I believe it's only 3 months for a va loan unless it's multifamily (I have one duplex).  Will a bank count my paid off property as an asset for this?

Do you think I will have to have more than 5% down payment if I could do a conventional loan?  I bought a primary residence earlier this year and shortly after moved out of state for a job (currently renting).  Do you think a bank will hold this against me?  Should I only talk with portfolio lenders?  I plan on inquiring with some banks when it's getting closer to the time for me to move back to the Dayton area.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

David

Loading replies...