Refinancing hard money loans as a foreigner in the states

Refinancing hard money loans as a foreigner in the states

Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi guys, 

This is my first forum post on Biggerpockets, I'm excited to be part of the community and learn as much as I can. 

I have a very specific question. I'm wondering if any of you guys have experience as a non-US citizen non-resident investing in the States. I know that in general non-residents have a harder time getting a mortgage in the USA, but what happens, if you acquire a property with the use of a hard money lender, rehab it, and then trying to refinance it with a conventional mortgage? I know that in general banks consider foreigners as higher risk and might ask for a bigger down payment, etc. 

Thanks ins advance,

Mate

0Reply
1 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Private Money Lender · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 113 posts · 28 votes
    10y

    Hi Mate! 

    What state are you purchasing in?

  • Wholesaler & RE Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 34 votes
    10y

    Welcome Mate!  Nice to have another fellow Seattle area investor.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.