Any way to get around conventional loan investor guidelines?

Any way to get around conventional loan investor guidelines?

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 2 votes

Hello, I am in the process of buying a condominium as an investment. It would be my second unit in the same complex.

I was financing the deal through a conventional mortgage lender but the deal fell through when the Condo questionnaire came back with over 70% of the units being investor owned. Apparently loans can only be approved with less than 50%investor ownership. This is a vacation rental complex near Disney so that is the reason for the high investor interest here.

Is there any way around this rule or any other ideas on how to make this deal happen. I have proof of income from my other unit in the same complex and it is currently generating 3 to 4 times the monthly mortgage payment when being rented short term.

Thanks for any help!

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Roswell, GA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 10 votes
10y

@Adam Garcia, roger that. They're minimum loan amount is $100k with no rehab option. Good luck out there!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mount Pleasant, SC · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    There are a few conventional lenders that are offering products that are a little more "outside the box".  Unfortunately, my bank is not one of them but I have a friend who is a former colleague that might be able to help.  Let me know if you would like to connect and I can get you his info.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Greg, That would be awesome. Please pass along his info if you could. Thanks!

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @Adam GarciaHow much are you putting down? What's the total loan amount? I know a lender in Florida that lends on non-warrantable condos.

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Sean Grapevine:

    @Adam GarciaHow much are you putting down? What's the total loan amount? I know a lender in Florida that lends on non-warrantable condos.

     Hey I plan to put down around 20k. The property appraised at 78k but needs some rehab which i estimate to be another 15k

  • Roswell, GA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    10y

    @Adam Garcia, roger that. They're minimum loan amount is $100k with no rehab option. Good luck out there!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.