Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback
Account Closed
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Votes |
Need Assistance with FHA vs USDA Loan - Selling 2nd Flip

Account Closed
  • Myrtle Beach, SC
Posted

Calling all loan officers:

I am not sure if anybody can assist me, but I am going to take a shot. We completed our 2nd flip in March and received a full price offer within 5 days. Originally, the buyer was doing a VA loan, but the day after the loan was supposed to close, we were told she did not fit VA guidelines (The reason was not given but we were told it had nothing to do with her credit.) Her loan officer then changed it to an FHA loan and we signed a 30 day extension. I immediately asked if 2 appraisals would be required because the contract was signed in less then 180 days and we are selling it for more then 100% profit. We were told only 1 was going to be required. We were supposed to close tomorrow and now we are being told a 2nd appraisal is required. The loan officer now wants us to sign a new contract on Tuesday because the 180 days is up. In this case, she said a new FHA case number will be assigned. My questions are: 1) Does this make sense that a new case number will be assigned? My understanding is the case number follows the property. 2) Couldn't the lender still require a 2nd appraisal since they can obviously see what the loan officer is trying to do? (It is taking 3 - 4 weeks to get appraisals in Fayetteville NC right now. 3) Can the same appraisal be used with a new FHA case number? 4) If they change to a USDA loan, can the appraisal be used and if so, how long is USDA taking right now to review their loans? This has been a nightmare and we really do not want to relist the property since we are so far into the game, but may need to wash our hands of the deal and take our chances with a new buyer \ contract. Obviously, we want and need to close asap. Any suggestions?????? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Loading replies...