Skip to content
Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Chris M.
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
My mom is a Vietnam vet (non-combat) and I want to help her!

Chris M.
  • Portland, OR
Posted Sep 21 2016, 12:11

Hey guys, my mom served in the army for three years during the Vietnam war (but was not deployed overseas). I'd like to help her get qualified for a VA loan so that she can finally get a house of her own (she's still renting at the moment). To be honest with you guys: I have no idea where to start! Is the government the only provider of VA loans? Are there certain requirements based on her service?

If anyone can shed some light on the process of getting a VA loan for my mom, preferably with little or no money down, it would be sincerely appreciated. I'm guessing there are some things I should watch out for and that you guys have some wisdom to impart on things to avoid, things to pursue etc.

Ideally, I'd like to get her set up with a multi-family or duplex so that we can get a tenant or two and do house hacking as you guys call it. However, we would definitely need to use property management (another area that I have to research!). I just want my mom to be able to retire and live in peace.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction on VA loans for Vietnam veterans.

Loading replies...